Brightpath Recruitment currently have a vacancy for an Energy Manager with an international construction company. This company have extensive history that has become synonymous with excellence and high-quality work. This organisation has a culture of teamwork and innovation and looks after their people with a strong quality, safety and environmental programme. The knowledge and skills within the company is supported by a strong financial position and they have adopted a sustainable approach to business to ensure continued success.
This role is based in Dublin and there will be some travel nationwide and to the UK involved.
The role of Energy Manager will be to take responsibility for the management of the company’s Energy usage by way of adopting the workings of our ISO 50001 accreditation and associated Energy Policy using Energy Management System Manual.
This is a permanent position with an excellent package on offer.
- Collate the energy consumption data submitted monthly by the BU Energy Co-ordinators in order to establish energy consumption totals for the company.
- Analyse the monthly Significant Energy Users (SEU’s) in order to identify any items that may require further interrogation and report findings to the Energy Forum.
- Produce a quarterly Energy Summary report for review by Energy Forum and Steering Group. Produce a yearly Energy Summary report for review by Senior Management at annual review.
- Oversee the identification and performance of Energy Management System (EnMS) Action plans to be implemented by the company in order to achieve required targets.
- Prepare for and attendance at external ISO 50001 Energy Audit’s in either the UK or Ireland
- Carry out evaluation and assessment of past verses present energy usage for the overall company and each business unit and measurement / analysis / reports on associated kPI’s
- Assist Business units and their Energy Champions with advice and help on the management of the their Energy Consumption / Analysis
- Identify and record opportunities for improving energy performance across the company and within individual business unit.
- Carries out Estimations of future energy use and consumption
- Formulate reports for review by Senior Management on the energy performance by each Business Unit and the overall performance of the Energy System Management Plan
- Identify any required changes to the Energy Management System resulting in feedback from the Site Energy Champions & BU Energy Co-ordinators
- Development of EnMS guidance and checklist documents for use by staff to communicate their responsibilities in order to facilitate effective energy management
- Promote awareness and focus on energy policy and objectives throughout the company.
- Carry’s out research on opportunities and pay back for capital investment in projects that help reduce energy consumption
- Degree in Building Services, Energy or Electrical Engineering.
- At least 10 years or more post Qualification experience,
- Understanding and with a passion for exploiting energy efficient solutions, equipment, techniques and innovation e.g. PV / Solar power sources, CHP, lighting control etc. that can provide energy efficiency on projects and in company Head and Regional offices
- Can demonstrate that they have acquired the necessary technical competence through operational involvement in all phases of large scale complex projects that integrates knowledge, experience and understanding of Building Services Sustainability and Energy Systems.
- Must also have numerical / analytical ability using appropriate excel and graphical interface software
- Has a positive can do attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Actively works to continually improve oneself through continuing professional development and accreditation with CIBSE or equivalent professional body.
- Strives to work with colleagues in setting realistic energy targets and associated kpi’s and carry’s out continuous monitoring and interrogation of the Significant energy users identified by the company
- Willing to travel abroad and pay visits to the company’s offices and sites as required.