|New opportunity has arisen for an M & E Quantity Surveyor at one of Ireland’s most progressive civil and engineering companies based at their Head Offices in Kildare. Our client provides high quality design & build, main contracting, interior fit-out and project management services to public and private sector clients throughout Europe.
- Preparation of project budgets and cost plans for agreement at meetings
- Meeting Project Managers and Sub- Contractors to ensure that the brief is fully understood.
- Reviewing of contracts and ensuring compliance at all times
- Manage and forecast the cash flow for the projects
- Performing risk and value management and cost control
- Monitoring Site progress against Planned
- PreQualification of suppliers and sub-contractors
- Take offs of M & E drawings
- Provide assistance to management on Bids and tenders
- Identify, analyse and report on trends within the project
- Compile and submit variations on a monthly basis
- Work closely with employers, design team and subcontractors to identify contractually critical items
- Manage the reporting process and ensuring it is in line with company policy and highlighting any exceptions to Senior Management
- Prepare and present commercial project reports for internal commercial meetings
- Degree Qualified Quantity Surveyor
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a contracting environment
- Strong operational skills and an attention to detail and experience of the design build process
- Experience in M & E Projects
- Good level of legal awareness and competence in assessing contract documents and requirements
- Be proficient in MS office applications Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint, take off software.
- A proven track record of quantity surveying fundamentals is essential for this role