Support & Applications Engineer - UK & Ireland (1935)
Entered: 23 Sept 2018
Our client is seeking an experienced Support & Applications Engineer to join their team in Dublin.
The main function of this position is to provide technical support to customers on operational or maintenance and service aspects of products within the Heavy Civil Engineering and Construction Industry to ensure customer satisfaction and ultimately ensure revenue through repeat customer purchases or positive referrals to other customers.
- Provide timely and efficient service to customers and end-users.
- Handle email and telephone support to customers and colleagues for products to a high standard to allow them to realize an immediate and maintain a return on their investment.
- Work closely with team to promote support and repair services to clients.
- Responsible for Measurement, Calibration and Commissioning aspects of standard product installation, alongside Service and Installation Engineers.
- Instruct customers in the operation and maintenance of the product(s).
- Ensure all documentation is provided to customer.
- Assist with Machine Control Installations and associated requirements (e.g. GPS Base station establishment) in timeframe provided.
- Document change, Product Revisions and process improvements.
- Train on operation and usage of Trimble equipment (GPS/ Total Station, GCS900 Machine Control and Software)
- Responsible for trip reports, data files, configuration files and expense reports.
- Assist Company Workshop Engineer with repair and testing of Survey equipment (where appropriate)
Characteristics / Skills
- A team player able to make the best use of resources through sound organizational skills and teamwork.
- Consultative problem solving – involves customer in problem solving by asking appropriate questions.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the knowledge level of customer and modify communication to the appropriate knowledge level.
- Appropriate Land Survey or Engineering Survey Skills to promote good Survey practice
- Strong mechanical and educational aptitude to maintain and improve understanding of application and operation of all products.
- Experience with Trimble products desirable but not essential.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office packages.
- Willing to travel, as required within Ireland NI or ROI
Education / Experience
- Associate degree with minimum five year’s work experience or two-plus years of college with six to eight years of work experience.
- Five - plus years technical Land- Survey and/or Civil Engineering Survey experience.
- Required to pass certification tests and to attend appropriate live and on-line training courses.
- Honours Degree in Civil Engineering, Land/Engineering Survey, or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
Please send your cv to Clodagh at firstname.lastname@example.org and call 01-4569899 for a confidential conversation.