Our client is a large multi-disciplined construction group with significant operations across Ireland and the United Kingdom. They provide turnkey solutions to the Building and Civil Engineering industries and offer both public and private sector clients a comprehensive range of construction services.
They are currently seeking an experienced Senior Commercial Manager to join their team in Dublin.
- Establish procedures for the Quantity surveying Functions.
- Review all the Divisional Accounts and all Financial Information before submission to the General Manager.
- Provide advice and support to those employed in the Commercial Section.
- Monitor compliance of the Quantity Surveying Section with established procedures.
- Set the timetable for submission of returns required from Quantity Surveyors.
- Ensure and monitor the timely submission of all interim valuations, final accounts, release of retention’s, Q.S. returns and monitor the preparation of Sub-Contract documents.
- Review and report on the financial performance of contracts.
- Monitor actual payment against declared value.
- Assist and advise the site based Quantity Surveyor on all matters concerning preparation of claims, their submission, progress and in negotiations for settlement.
- Check that the necessary contract insurances are in place and will assist in their procurement.
- Ensure through the Quantity Surveying function that all Sub-Contractors are properly insured.
- Procure Contract Bonds as and when required.
- Assist in the recruitment and training of Quantity Surveyors in conjunction with Contract Managers for their deployment on site.
- Review the placing of orders with Sub-Contractors.
- In conjunction with the Project QS will provide support and assistance to the Estimating Department, as required.
- Advise on the contractual matters in setting up Sub-Contracts.
- Provide support and assistance for the preparation of tenders and negotiation of contract.
As a Senior Commercial Manager you will have:
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent client liaison skills
- Good team leadership skills
- Extensive understanding of the civil engineering infrastructure industry,
- Degree qualification in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Surveying or Commercial Management
- Ideally 10-15 years plus civils experience
- Roads/motorway experience would be an advantage
Please send your cv to Aoife at email@example.com or call 01-456 9899 for a confidential conversation.