To secure the continued financial viability of the company through repeat business and the management of contracts to return the maximum positive margin.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain as broad a customer base as possible both through repeat business and the network of contacts within the construction and development industry
- Carry out tender reviews to select which jobs are worth pursuing
- Assist the estimator with Take offs if necessary and identify any site implications which may impact on productivity. Give indicative production rates, plant cost and subcontract feedback to the estimator. Assess programme implications at tender stage
At contract award;
- Attend Pre start meetings.
- Agree Programme
- Agree Erection Sequence
- Advise Drawing office of phasing
- Organise Health and Safety Submission, Method Statements, Risk assessments, lifting plans and training certificates etc.
- Procure Subcontracts, eg Erectors, Precast, Decking, netters and hand rails etc
- Organise and procure plant as cost effectively as possible.
- Organise Accomodation and Travel for Walter Watson Erectors.
- Carry out Valuations for Subcontract payments
- Prepare Variation costs and record dayworks
- Interact with the clients site team throughout the contract
- Direct our site foreman accordingly
- Visits sites as necessary to ensure work progressing to plan
- Agree with site foremen the labour requirements
- Ensures Site Foremen comply with H & S requirements
- Attends Site Meetings with Client’s contractors as necessary
- Ensures handover sheets are completed/agreed by contractor
- Ensures all additional work is covered by a site instruction before proceeding
- Ensures that all day work sheets are signed for by the clients QS on the execution of the work
- Ensures accurate site activity information goes to Q.S. on a regular basis
- Maintains a good recording system, eg foremen’s records, Dayworks , etc
- Ensures effective utilisation of all resources within the contracts responsibility in order to minimise costs
- Continually seeks ways to improve the effectiveness of the operation
- Attends final handover meetings
- Agrees Final Account valuation subject to approval from Senior Management.