|On behalf of a leading building construction company we have an immediate vacancy for a Contracts Manager in Dublin.
The successful candidate will have 10 - 15 years post graduate experience with a recognised main contractor. Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role. A Degree in civil/structural engineering or construction management with a proven management record. Experience working on government jobs and associated forms of contract.
Computer literate with experience using MS Project.
Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills
Full responsibility for the successful delivery of multiple projects both from a time scale & commercial prospective.
For further details please contact Caroline, Sharon or Aine.
- The recruitment of effective project teams.
- The organisation of work programmes.
- Coordinating project and site managers on a variety of sites.
- Ensuring that the highest levels of H&S, Quality and Environmental standards are met.
- Implement the Company’s Cost & Value Management procedures and ensure that all necessary commercial reports are produced accurately and in a timely fashion to upper management.
- Work closely with the Directors and Project Managers to support and recommend strategies, to identify any potential risks or issues and to find an appropriate resolution.
- Ensure effective procurement and supply chain management.
- Serve as the point of contact for the company on all contractual matters.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact information sheets, contractual changes, progress reports and programme and other documents for all projects.
- On all standard and nonstandard contracts, provide redlined recommendations.
- Proposing suitable changes to design to improve saving, ease construction programme, enhance specification and quality on completion.
- Provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff, including training to new project managers and other employees in contracting practices and procedures.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
- Monitor compliance by company employees with established procedures. Identify areas of recurrent pressure.
- Handle on-going issue and change management.
- Ensure contract close-out, extension or renewal.