|Regional Contracts Manager Civil
Vacancy Ref. 01159
Euro Executive Recruitment are seeking to recruit an experienced and effective Contracts Manager to concurrently run a number of projects in the Cork region.
You will work alongside project teams ensuring that work is completed on time and within its budget.
We would require the successful candidate to play a key role in managing clients with a view to increasing the profile of the company and to secure tendering opportunities within the civil engineering sectors.
High levels of motivation and resilience, together with strong influencing and networking skills are essential for this role.
The candidate will have a proven track record as a Contracts or Senior Project Manager, coupled with a strong commercial acumen and design knowledge.
They will demonstrate integrity, a hard-working ethic and be target focused, whilst embracing the challenges and changes within the Industry.
Their tenacity, dedication and team spirit will ensure success in the delivery of key business objectives.
The successful candidate will be able to talk knowledgeably with clients and agents alike about the technical aspects of delivering their projects.
- To manage and oversee all aspects of DB and DBO contracts for public and private clients, the role includes a wide range of works to develop and maintain standing as a main contractor in the water and wastewater sector in Ireland.
- This role will include the following:
- Management of a contract team of project managers, engineers and support staff across multiple projects.
- Drive and ensure consistent implementation of health, safety, quality and environmental procedures across all contracts. (PSDP and PSCS)
- Commercial responsibility for contracts reporting to senior management.
- Management and liaison with internal and external design teams across ranging disciplines, providing commercial and technical guidance. (civil, process, mechanical, electrical, ICA, H&S & BIM)
- Selection, management and coordination of suppliers and subcontractors
- Formalising contract scopes
- Dealing with all contractual matters
- Ensuring that the projects fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards.
- Ensuring Client satisfaction during projects and at the handover stage.
- Dealing with third party stakeholders.
- Undertake regular formal site inspections.
- Prepare progress reports and technical reports for clients and also for internal use
- Keep up to date with industry best practice.
Please contact Ian Murphy on 085 866 6878 or send your cv in confidence to email@example.com
- Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- 10+ years water and wastewater industry contracting experience including site supervision and design.
- Comprehensive knowledge of water and wastewater design and operational processes
- Contract knowledge (FIDIC, NEC, Public Works)
- Successful track record in the delivery of multiple infrastructure contracts
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to manage all aspects of design, build and operate contracts
- Ability to communicate well with clients, subcontractors and in-house staff
- Proven track record of staff development and mentorship
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office applications
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer but not a necessity
- Competent in use of Microsoft Project programming software