M&E Quantity Surveyor - Canary Wharf
Entered: 23 Sept 2018
Mechanical and Electrical QuantitySurveyor
This is a great opportunity for an M&E QS to be responsible for the production of estimates for our clients' residential and commercial projects across central and greater london The role will include management of relationships with our designers and project managers and also with client teams and suppliers. You will have several years’ experience of successful construction cost management with a specialist contractor.
The preferred candidate should have:
- Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- Good knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, ideally within the water sector, and relevant legislation and standards
- A minimum of five years experience in contraction with a recognised contractor
- The ability to work independently and to manage inputs from a range of specialist suppliers and in-house staff
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills
- Be results oriented
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Good computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel and Word, and ideally some experience of Microsoft Project and an estimating software system.