Health & Safety Officer for Utilities Company
Due to continued success in the Irish market, our client, one of Ireland’s largest utilities companies is now looking for a Health & Safety officer based from their office in Dublin.
Cv’s from candidates with experience in utilities sector will of course be desirable, but candidates from the civils industry will also be considered for the role.
- Carry out daily site safety inspections and site safety audits and action any issues that may arise
- Ensure contractor and company employees’ safety documentation is in order, safety training is up to date and valid for work been carried out.
- Contractor’s machinery is certified and relevant documentation is completed daily and weekly.
- Accompany client’s health and safety team on weekly audits and action audit reports.
- Compile job specific method statements in conjunction with engineers and develop risk assessments
- Develop site specific safety statements.
- Ensure job safety packs are updated and relevant documentation has been signed off by contractors and company employees.
- Update and review risk assessments on an ongoing basis
- Compile and carry out toolbox talks where necessary
- Welfare and Hygiene facilities are in place managed and maintained
- Manage accident and incident investigations and compile relevant reports
- Job specific PPE is in place and records maintained.
- Attend weekly meetings with clients and action any health and safety issues that may arise.
- Develop emergency plans and procedures, safe systems of work plans, permits to work
- Compile environmental risk assessments and develop environmental management plans
- Carry out daily dust inspection and compile reports.
- Compile and review noise, vibration and dust reports, carry out noise and vibration monitoring if required.
- Carry out weekly environmental audits of sites and action any issues that may arise
- Ensure contractors and company employees comply with the environmental management plans, policies and procedures
- Compile monthly environmental reports.
- Accompany client environmental auditors around site and action environmental issues which may arise.
Desired Skills & Experience
Health and Safety Degree specialising in Enviromental science is essential
Delivering Infrastructure Solutions to Telecoms, Transport and Energy Sectors.
Their services include:
Telecomms - Wireless
Successfully providing managed services and projects in the telecomms wireless sector.
Telecomms - Fixed Line
Continuing to provide fixed line networks solutions to all major telecom operators
Currently rolling out 40m Broadband to the cabinet for BT.
Transport - Rails
Supporting all aspects of rail infrastructure with comprehensive range of services.
Transport - Highways
Completing wide variety of roads and highway projects for range of clients.
Energy - Renewables
Offering engineering consultancy covering renewable energy technologies.
Energy - Gas
Servicing, installation and repair of gas and oil appliances for home and business customers
Providing quality building services to a variety of industry sectors and domestic clients.
If you are interested in the role, please email your cv to email@example.com or look for other opportunities at www.icds.ie/build