Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are recruiting a Safety Officer for our client, a Tier One Main Contractor. The role will be based in Munster and will involve advising on overall compliance in matters of Health & Safety. A salary of up to €50,000 per annum is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Conducting regular, formal site audits a carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System
- Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment
- Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority for the project and all incident / accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or contractors working on site
- Managing and making recommendations for Personal Protection Equipment required for all Employees
- Assisting Site Management in compiling cost records and forecasts for all issues associated with Health & Safety including, but not limited to, contra charges, training, purchases, etc
- Serving as company representative as Site meetings;
- Organizing and chairing the Safety Meetings for Sub-Contractors personnel
- Ensuring sub-contractor safety statement sand required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required
- Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements
- Compiling, updating and communication site Emergency Plans
- Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications, while keeping Group Safety Officer updated
- Making sure First Aiders are available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that all relevant Certs are updated
- Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified in Health & Safety
- 4+ years’ experience in Health & Safety
- Previous experience managing safety on site
- Previous construction industry experience
If you are interested in this role, please click apply or contact Sean Feighery on 01 707 1012 today
Established in 2005, Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are one of Ireland’s leading outsourced solutions provider and recruitment specialists. We provide managed solutions within the construction and industrial sectors as well as temporary and permanent recruitment solutions for a variety of industries, providing qualified staff for short-term & permanent placements. BSS have a proven expertise in Construction, Industrial, Financial Services, Accountancy & Finance, Administrative Support and Sales & Marketing working with some of the largest companies and organisations in Ireland and the UK.