Job detail view & apply
Hoban House, Haddington Road,
Tel: 00-353-1-661 4711
Intermediate Project Manager - Dublin
|Location: Dublin, Ireland
Entered: 22 Feb 2018
| Since 1974 Linesight has provided professional consultancy services, management support and strategic advice to the global construction industry. From initial concept to project completion, we have been helping clients to build their business. We have developed long-lasting relationships with some of the biggest companies in the world, earning a reputation as a leader in our field.
Our organization is structured into a series of specialist service teams, each committed to helping our clients successfully achieve their objectives. We have deep domain knowledge and experience spanning a multitude of sectors including Commercial, Data Centers, Life Sciences, Healthcare, High-Tech Industrial, Hospitality, Education, Residential and Retail.
With staff located across Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the USA, our reach is truly global. Our permanent and long-established presence in these areas allows us to develop strategic partnerships, access local resources, formulate the most up-to-date market insights, and gain deep knowledge of each territory.
We are currently providing an array of Project Management services for a high profile client in the Data Centre sector and require an Intermediate Project Manager who is driven to deliver a high level of service to our client in a role that can be based on-site in west Dublin.
The Intermediate Project Manager will be responsible for monitoring the day-to-day activities in the field, managing and coordinating the flow of information and reporting and tracking issues arising from progress, quality and safety. They will work with the consultant teams and the Contractor to verify that the completed work is constructed to a quality level consistent with the requirements of the construction documents and executed in a well-planned and coordinated fashion.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Intermediate Project Manager reports to the lead Project Manager for the project supporting the strategic and tactical delivery of the data center project.
The Intermediate Project Manager role can be summarized to include:
• Assist in the preparation for, chairing and recording of minutes for project site meetings.
• Attend and monitor Contractor technical coordination meetings and escalate any issues arising.
• Implement project procedures for communication between the Client, the consultant team and Contractors and use reasonable endeavours to ensure that this procedure is observed at all times.
• Assist in the management of the Change Management Process by liaising with the Client team, consultant team and Contractors in clarifying all necessary scope, justification and technical detail.
• Assist in the implementation of all key project processes to support the project’s delivery and monitor these processes reporting and making recommendations to the Client team.
• Undertake regular site walks to promote and observe safety and progress. Report and track any corrective actions through to timely completion.
• Review the General Contractor's Construction Plan, Site Logistics Plan, Health & Safety Plan and Quality Plan prior to construction start.
• Monitor submittals and other documentation required by the Client and the consultant team under the Building Contract.
• Undertake regular Site inspections. Obtain progress and quality reports from the site staff representing the Client, the consultant team and the Contractor.
• Report on Contractor and vendor adherence to the Commissioning tagging process and monitor inspection and test data checking by the Contractor and consultant team for compliance with specifications and The Client standards
• Monitor site works, record and report non-conforming work and drive the team for follow up, preventative, and close out actions
• Participate in Contractor site Mechanical and Electrical quality audits and witness site tests as may be necessary
• As may be required, attend visits to the sites of the extraction, fabrication and assembly or testing of materials and components and inspect such materials and workmanship before delivery to the Project Site.
• Assist in the review and assessment of proposed variations in the works and of any actual or anticipated delays to the progress of the works on the programme and the Project cost plan or claims.
• Assist in the implementation of a handover plan or similar management tool. Monitor and track the preparation of Substantial/Practical Completion documentation, submittal of manuals and Handover documentation.
• Liaise with the Client Operations team to define the O&M Manual content and delivery.
• Coordinate with the Client team, consultant team and the Contractor on all snagging activities including the schedule and stakeholder engagement.
• Maintain a record of key issues and learnings on the project and participate in a lessons learned workshop and compiling a report with recommendations.
• Monitor and report on the progress of remedial works during the rectification period and the making good of defects.
Desired Experience and Education:
• The Intermediate Project Manager will be Chartered or seeking Chartered Project Manager Status with a minimum of 5 years consultant PM experience with experience in delivering mission critical projects and have a detailed understanding of the handover / commissioning process
• Major building experience; Data Centre experience is desired
• The person should be a strong team player
• The ideal candidate will be results driven, self-motivated and resourceful with excellent client relationship skills
Application handled on employer's site