Project Manager | Main Contractor
- One of Ireland’s top 5 Main Contractors
- Excellent package with scope for career progression
- Prestigious projects across multiple facets of the industry
- Permanent position based in the West of Ireland
ICDS Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Project manager with New Builds experience to work with a market leading international construction company to be based in the West of Ireland. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work on a multitude of exciting and large projects. An excellent remunerations package is on offer to the right candidate.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Senior Project Manager must be able to function autonomously and jointly with Director. They must routinely make management decisions pertaining to project issues with minimal supervision throughout the life of the project
- As a Senior Project Manager you must be able to demonstrate strong Commercial awareness and Cost Control ability with a proven track record in the area of construction planning
- Must be technically competent with the ability to set and track project milestones and deliverables
- Must function effectively as liaison between the company and external Client executives so as to protect the Company and the specific project, to resolve issues or concerns in conjunction with the Board of Directors
- Instruct, coach and direct the project staff with respect to construction, contractual and regulatory requirements with responsibility for assigned work
- Responsibility for the delivery of the job on time, within specification and on budget
- Ensure all personnel on site conduct their duties to the highest standards
- The Senior Project Manager will manage day to day operational duties
- Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Develop and deliver progress reports, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas
- Build, grow and develop business relationships for the success of the project
- Provide feedback and record information from the project for ‘lessons learnt seminars’ and for continuous staff development
NECESSARY SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- An Engineering/Construction Management/Project Management Degree required or where appropriate relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years residential/commercial/mixed development construction experience, preferably in a Main Contractor entity
- Minimum 5 years management experience required - preferably at Senior Level
- Experience of working on New Build projects is essential.
- Thorough knowledge of computer and database applications such as Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project/Power Project etc.
- Thorough understanding of the construction industry and broad understanding of regulatory requirements
- Excellent ability to analyse and interpret contractual documents
- Proven excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal and negotiation skills required.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a changing work environment are essential.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE