Assistant Purchasing Manager
Salary: €Neg + Package
Our client is a large and highly reputable main contractor who are currently undertaing large office building, residential projects to the value of €100m.
They are currently looking for an Assistant Purchasing Manager with a background in construction to join their team.
This is a long-term and permanent role with the company, and an ideal opportunity to progress into a senior role.
- Sourcing of materials, plant, equipment and services and managing vendors including negotiating pricing contracts with each material supplier.
- Manage material supplier contracts (SLA’s) that achieve cost, delivery, quality and service targets as required by the business.
- Ensure that all materials are in compliance with specifications, health and safety legislation, building regulations and environmental standards.
- Research and identification of new materials & suppliers for design and cost savings and develop and implement purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification.
- Ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of supply and delivery times.
- Forecast upcoming demand, monitor pricing trends and advise and report to the management team as appropriate.
- Day to day interface with site management to service site requirements and needs.
- Liaise and work with Plant Yard Supervisor regarding site plant, equipment and transport requirements.
- Issuing of Plant and Purchasing reports to Directors and Contracts Managers.
- Issuing of Purchase and Plant orders to suppliers and plant hire companies.
- Upkeep and maintenance of Head Office building and M&E services.
- Maintain records of the Company’s plant, engineering and surveying equipment stock; including calibrations, services, monitoring due dates, etc.
Skills Required Include:
- Proven purchasing experience in construction, preferably with a Plant background.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to communicate with suppliers.
- Strong commercial, negotiation and problem solving skills; experience in handling transactions with minimal supervision.
- Relevant third level qualifications, IIPMM advantageous.
To register your interest please send CV in Word to email@example.com or call +353 (0)1 632 1200 for more.