|Acrow Recruitment are seeking a Buyer to join a general building contractor in Galway. Our client has projects in the Commercial, Educational, Health Care, Residential sectors.
The successful candidate will perform strategic procurement of construction plant and materials, continually search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
- Ensure that the Company’s best interests are protected in all procurement activities.
- Sourcing of materials, plant, equipment and services and managing vendors including negotiating pricing contracts with each material supplier.
- Manage material supplier contracts (SLA’s) that achieve cost, delivery, quality and service targets as required by the business. Meet suppliers as necessary.
- Ensure that all materials are in compliance with specifications, health and safety legislation, building regulations and environmental standards.
- Research and identification of new materials & suppliers for design and cost savings and develop and implement purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification.
- Ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of supply and delivery times.
- Forecast upcoming demand, monitor pricing trends and advise and report to the management team as appropriate.
- Maintain procurement files and purchase agreements to an auditable standard.
- Liaise with Estimating Department personnel in providing up to date materials suppliers costs information.
- Assist Accounts Department in settling invoice disputes.
- Liaise and work with Plant Yard Supervisor regarding site plant, equipment and transport requirements.
- Issuing of Plant and Purchasing reports to Directors and Contracts Managers.
- Issuing of Purchase and Plant orders to suppliers and plant hire companies.
- Maintain records of the Company’s plant, engineering and surveying equipment stock; including calibrations, services, monitoring due dates, etc.
- Liaise with site management and quantity surveyors on material and plant requirements.
- Issue requests for prices with suppliers as well as follow up on price requisitions as requested.
- Prepare quotation analysis.
- Negotiating prices with suppliers.
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms.
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries.
- Check invoices for accuracy against purchase orders.
Salary will depend on experience and Package will include accommodation.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in construction industry.
- Good knowledge of supply of construction materials.
- Work to achieve cost savings & challenge price increases.
- Manage procurement activities for several sites.
- Microsoft Office skills essential coupled with Purchasing software.
- Proven purchasing experience in construction, preferably with a Plant background. Non-construction procurement candidates will not be considered for the position.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to communicate with suppliers.
- Strong commercial, negotiation and problem-solving skills; experience in handling transactions with little supervision.
- Relevant third level qualifications, IIPMM advantageous.
For further details on this role and more like it, visit, www.acrowrecruitment.com