Job detail view & apply
|KCM Recruitment Ltd.
Unit 13A, The Square,
Greenogue Ind Est, Rathcoole,Co Dublin.
Tel: + 353 1 458 6006
PROCUREMENT CATEGORY MANAGER
|Location: Dublin City
Entered: 25 Feb 2018
|Salary: 70 TO 80K
PROCUREMENT CATEGORY MANAGER
We have a requirement for a Procurement Category Manager ideally with Pubic Sector Experience to work in a large organisation
The Procurement Category Manager will lead the provision, on behalf of the Chief Procurement Officer, of the
procurement management service for a specific category.
In addition, the Procurement Category Manager will assist the Chief Procurement Officer in:
• Enhancing procurement standards of excellence throughout the business, providing insightful strategic direction
on how the procurement department can deliver value to business stakeholders.
• Provision of a commercial focus on procurement activities by identifying and drawing on synergies across
functions/business units as well as using market insight to enhance the internal knowledge base.
• Management, mentorship and development of the Category Buyers across the procurement function.
• This person should demonstrate resilience in negotiations, strong commercial acumen and strategic thinking 6.1 Essential Qualifications:
MANAGEMENT OF CATEGORY TO BEST PROCUREMENT PRACTICE
• Work with stakeholders to develop long term category strategies to deliver value from initiation to contract conclusion in line with business needs.
• Lead preparation of annual and long-term category strategy plans which identify how key categories will achieve company goals, and direct the follow through of these plans.
• Develop best-in-class expertise and national market knowledge for assigned categories to lead procurement change and best practice within the business.
• Identify opportunities for best value and operational efficiencies through negotiation and management of contracts.
• Continuous review and stakeholder management with a view to operational improvement initiatives.
• Provide expertise in the use of procurement software.
• Ownership of category deliverables and day to day operations including good governance practice and compliance performance for the category and relevant team members.
DEVELOPMENT OF SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIPS
• Business Partnering to build effective relationships both with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to create the framework for the implementation of procurement initiatives and processes.
• Developing and managing supplier relationships as relevant to the role
• Implementing best practice Category management, contract management and Supplier Relationship Management for the range of products and services in scope.
• Managing vendor performance and taking steps to address poor performance as necessary.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT:
• Manage a team conducting tenders in line with regulations, as well as conducting key tenders, managing core
contracts and frameworks
• Demonstrate leadership for procurement change within the category.
• Manage, mentor and develop the skill set of category buyers.
• Performance reviews and management of the category buyer direct reports.
• Relevant qualification in business / procurement field, to degree level desirable.
• CIPS / IIPMM relevant qualification
• 5+ years purchasing experience at a senior level in a diverse organisation with experience in good sourcing
• practice and processes
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiating skills
• Demonstrable Programme Management Skillset in owning performance deliverables
• Proven track record in delivering project goals including but not limited to; supplier selection, Cost savings,
revenue generation, contract implementation.
• Change leadership expertise
• Demonstrable strong Microsoft office skills
• Background of public sector procurement desirable
Excellent Salary, 25 days’ holidays, 36 hour working week
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward your CV through this website or contact Gerry on 087 2790360 to discuss in confidence
|Apply using your CV:|