Entered: 19 May 2013
|We are currently hiring a number of Quantity Surveyors for large scale projects across Canada. Are you a Quantity Surveyor or Estimator or Cost Engineer with experience on large Industrial, Civil/Infrastructure, Earthworks or Commercial projects? Your experience is in demand. Our client is one of the "50 Best Managed Companies" in Canada and they have a number of opportunities which include an excellent salary, relocation package and visas. Call us now to discuss or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Quantity Surveyors / Estimators - Canada (all locations)
With over 80 years of experience in the construction industry, our client has a diverse portfolio of completed projects. They are one of Canada's leading general contractors and "50 Best Managed Companies" and they currently have a number of opportunities available for experienced Project Managers in a number of locations across Canada, both project and office based positions.
Estimating, as Quantity Surveying is known in Canada, supports the business in a number of different areas. Roles may focus on the bid process, be site based throughout the construction phase, focus on job completion analysis, or cover all these areas. An Estimator is capable of performing all facets of a construction estimate including quantities, costing and subtrade analysis for presentation and final review of major items as required.
Depending on the role, employees may report to Bid Managers, Design Managers, Project Manager, Chief Estimators or Vice Presidents in each division.
Key Functions - Depending on Seniority Estimators may perform the following functions, coordinate the performance of Estimators within their area, or operate at a more strategic level.
* Responsible for all aspects of the estimate.
* Reviews proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
* Prepares detailed estimated by calculating complete take-off of scope of work.
* Maintains files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current and accurate information on prices from suppliers.
* Reviews market labour and equipment rates and advise accordingly.
* Prepares final estimate summaries, analyzing each section for scope, pricing and completeness.
* 8 - 25+ Years construction estimating experience
* Excellent communications and problem solving skills
* competitive salary package commensurate with experience
* relocation assistance
* an excellent benefit package
* the opportunity to acquire shares in the company.
Neasa McHugh is the consultant managing this position. If you have any queries about this role, you can contact Neasa by e-mail email@example.com or phone +353-1-7978720
Click to connect with Neasa on LinkedIn
Relocation Process - Canada
JobContax is highly proficient at assisting candidates through all stages of the relocation process from job interview and visa applications to the physical relocation to Canada. Our Canadian partners pay all relocation costs including: flights, shipment of belongings, initial accommodation for 6 weeks.
Estimator - Estimating Jobs
Quantity Surveying Jobs