Quantity Surveyor (Large Developer)
Entered: 25 Sept 2018
Role: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: North County Dublin
Salary: €Neg + package
Our client, one of Ireland's premier residential developers currently building a mix of high end and large scale apartment and office buildings, and housing estates throughout Leinster, have a unique opportunity for a high calibre Senior Quantity Surveyor on a new housing estate in north Co. Dublin. The company was set up over 35yrs ago, and have an excellent name in the industry as being solid, a great company to work for with strong yet approachable senior management, who are responsible for completing high quality projects every time.
They also have a main contracting division which is involved in new build office block construction, fit outs and renovations of their existing large portfolio of office buildings and hotels etc.
- A proven track record in managing commercial contracts and projects to ensure project delivery against agreed success criteria
- Strong commercial awareness with experience in managing disputes including claims resolution
- Relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying and/or Construction Management
- Experience in managing and developing standard construction contract forms
- To attend meetings with clients and subcontractors
Tasks will be allocated to reflect increasing levels of development and experience.
- Large scale Housing experience is a very important requirement for this position.
- 7+ yrs Post-Graduate experience
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- Good IT skills with competency at Buildsoft, Cost-ex or equivalent, Microsoft Word and Excel
- A willingness to attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- To have strong analytical skills and ability to present findings
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- Confident working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate more than one project at the same time if required.
If interested in a role with this dynamic residential developer, please forward your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 6321200 to discuss further in strictest confidence.