Intermediate Quantity Surveyor - Building and Fit out
Dublin | Permanent
Our client is one of Ireland’s leading and most successful Building and Shopfitting companies, who have successfully undertaken various building and fitting out contracts in almost every county since its foundation. The company requires an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor for their well established company based in Dublin.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will
- Prepare cost analysis based on the architectural drawings, engineering estimates, materials required and labour involved
- Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involves liaising with architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
- Liaise and report to the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Develop and maintain relationships with Client Representatives to support the activities and maintain positive relations on behalf of the company
- Representative of the company at all relevant site and other meetings
As a Quantity Surveyor you will have
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Minimum 4 - 6 years of professional experience with proven track record
- Good knowledge of construction
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good financial and numeracy management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- A clear understanding of HSE building regulations and legal guidelines
Intermediate Quantity Surveyor | Dublin | Permanent
Please send your CV to Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01-4569899 for a confidential conversation.