Junior Quantity Surveyor - Middleton, Cork (1165)
Entered: 23 Sept 2018
Junior Quantity Surveyor - Middleton, Cork
Junior Quantity Surveyor reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor will have the primary function to organise the procurement and commercial management of domestic subcontractors and materials suppliers under the direction of the SQS and head of procurement and assist with the all duties of commercial management as the project progresses as prescribed by the Senior Quantity Surveyor .
- Assist Project Quantity Surveyor (QS) and / or Senior Quantity Surveyor as directed.
- Follow up with Site Management for production of allocation sheets. Review allocation sheets and understand items of work undertaken. List any variations and contra – changes arising from same and issue to QS / Senior QS
- Obtain Material Requisition sheets from Site Management.
- Assist QS with preparation of material schedule
- Check design team drawings, specifications and / or schedules for all changes and provide re-measures as required.
- Measure and weight all rebar schedules including any re-measurements as required.
- Assist or carry out all re-measures for sub-contract payments.
- Assist or carry out all re-measures for internal valuations.
- Produce list of material on site for external valuations.
- Assist or carry out re-measures for sub-contractors final account.
- Assist or carry out re-measures for our final account.
- Assist in preparation of sub-contract costing and payments.
- Assist in picking up contra charges against sub-contractors.
- Assisting in preparation of internal and external valuations.
- Assisting in preparation of fortnightly cost report.
- Assisting in preparation of monthly cost report.
- Attend sub-contract and internal meetings as directed.
- Liaise with sub-contractors for return of sub-contract documentation.
- Assist in general administration duties as directed.
- Make regular visits to site; generate site records and maintain detailed records.
- Maintain schedule of Subcontractor appointments
- Maintain schedule of Subcontractor documentation and chase Subcontractor for return of same
- Assist with Procurement / Estimating Dept. as required.
- QS degree or relevant qualification
- 1-2 years experience in the industry
- willingness to learn
Please send your cv to Aoife at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01-456 9899 for a confidential conversation.