Measurement Quantity Surveyor
Salary: Competitive DOE
- Our client is seeking to appoint a highly-motivated individual in the role of Measurement Quantity Surveyor within our Estimating department.
- You will be working collaboratively within a well-established Estimating team to prepare the Bills of Quantity for the full scope of the tender works (Permanent Works and Preliminaries) for use in developing and presenting the Tender submissions.
- This is a great opportunity to be part of an expanding team.
- As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to develop and bring added value to you career and gain additional skills with a BIM enabled contractor.
- Degree or equivalent level qualification in Quantity Surveying
- Knowledge of standard methods of measurement in particular ARM 4
- Knowledge of commercial conditions and design process
- Competent in the use of measurement software packages
- Competent in measuring BIM models using measurement software
- Prepare Bills of Quantity to the required method of measurement and the tender documents
- Prepare Bills of Quantity in a format compatible with the chosen estimating software
- Liaise with the Estimating team and BIM team to ensure accuracy of Bills of Quantity; including - quantities, scope of works and compliance with tender documents
- Minimum 4 years’ experience
- Contractually and commercially astute
- Excellent Written and Spoken Communication skills
- Effective Team Player
- IT Literate
- Knowledge of Cubit & Cost X packages preferable
- Experience with BIM a considerable advantage
- Previous Experience working on high quality medium and large-scale projects in various sectors Industrial, Health, Pharma, Commercial & Education
If you are interested in this role, please click apply or contact Sean Feighery @ BSS on 01 707 1012 today.
Sean specialises in the recruitment of Quantity Surveyors and Health & Safety Professionals from Graduate to Senior level across the contractor and consultancy sectors around the country. He has a vast base of clients including Tier 1, Large Main Contractors and Small-Medium Contractors/Sub-contractors as well as top consultancies that are working on a multitude of projects nationwide.
Established in 2005, Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are one of Ireland’s leading outsourced solutions provider and recruitment specialists. We provide managed solutions within the construction industry providing qualified staff for short-term & permanent placements.