We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor for a Construction Company who are based in the Kerry/Cork area.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities of all civil and building works.
- Calculate accurate, consistent and quantity optimised material quantity requirements for all projects from design drawings, engineering requirements and the clients agreed specification.
- Compare calculations to quotation budget, maintain a register showing root cause of the discrepancies and inform quotation department of any verified changes required to their formulations.
- Assist purchasing in raising purchase orders with agreed suppliers to meet required delivery deadlines.
- Prepare invoices for management approval and process approved invoices. Resolve any disputed invoices with suppliers.
- On each repeat project, conduct a quantity review process immediately after the initial delivery, in conjunction with contracts management, to ensure minimisation of site waste and elimination of site shortfalls.
- Carry out continuous formula refinement in consultation with contracts management as part of a cost optimisation objective and ensure proven refined formulas are utilised in the quotation process.
- Address any non-conformances in relation to the material estimations.
- Prepare bills of material for production material planning
- Maintain project cost & procurement spreadsheets
- Participate in operations department and inter-departmental efforts to ensure ongoing quality & process improvement.
- Other duties as and when required.
Skills & Requirements
- 3rd Level Qualification in Quantiy Surveying
- 3/4 years experience
- Detail oriented and analytical.
- Ability to work well when under pressure and meet expected deadlines.
- Experience in reading and interpreting specifications and design drawings preferable.
- Excellent IT skills and in particular Excel, with ability and interest in using Excel formulas to streamline and improve the accuracy of quantity calculations.
- Numerical & mathematical skills.
- Reliable, consistent with an ability to manage time efficiently.