Entered: 23 Sept 2018
Our client are a well respected Engineering contractor operating globally, They now seek a Quantity Surveyor on a full-time basis. This is a permanent salaried position based in Derby/Stoke.
- Provide commercial support to projects and ensure that commercial discipline is maintained throughout.
- Guide project staff on commercial issues and opportunities.
- To carry out all responsibilities in line with company policies.
- At all times, act in the best commercial and financial interests of the business in delivering set projects and services to time and quality adding best value to the overall Jones business whilst recognising our Corporate and Social Responsibilities.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand the contractual requirements (NEC Options A and C) of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change etc. Ensure all required notices are issued in a timely manner.
- Identify unacceptable terms and conditions and negotiate contracts with subcontractors
- Liaise with the client, his representatives and other third parties on commercial issues, including the agreement of additional monies.
- Cost management for project
- Understand allowances for elements of work (Preliminaries, materials, subcontract etc.)
- Understanding of cost to end of reporting period and comparison with allowance
- Understand forecast cost to completion
- Establish and use cost management systems
- Value management for project
- Prepare interim and final account and ensure payment
- Understanding of true value to end of reporting period and comparison with actual cost expended
- Understanding of forecast final value at completion
- Change management for project
- Recording of change and allocation of responsibility
- Evaluation and recovery of any change that is not Jones’ risk/liability including recovery from 3rd parties
- Risk and opportunity management for project
- Management (with operations team) of known and newly identified risks and opportunities for best project return
- Identification and implementation of mitigation measures
- Procurement for project through the SAP software system.
- Maintain procurement schedules
- Prepare subcontract documentation, issue enquiries, and negotiate agreements including interim and final accounts
- Financial reporting for project
- Prepare and issue monthly cost/value reconciliations and cost/forecast reconciliations
- Prepare and issue/manage cash forecast
- Attend and report project details at monthly review with Directors
- Provide support for site staff on commercial issues.
- Identification, preparation and negotiation of claims
- Assist with dispute resolution
- Adherence to policies and procedures
- Ad hoc duties as job requires
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE