Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are hiring a Quantity Surveyor for our client, a Tier One Main Contractor. Due to recent growth they require a Quantity Surveyor for their projects in Munster. A salary of up to €70,000 per annum is available depending on qualifications and experience.
- Reviewing of Contracts and ensuring compliance
- Take Ownership of all commercial aspects of the project
- Identifying and pricing of all variations as and when they occur
- Procurement - operational procurement activity and contract support, in conjunction with the Procurement Department
- Sending out tender enquiries to subcontractors and suppliers
- Cost analysis of tender prices
- Measuring from drawings and preparing pricing documents where one does not exist
- Checking measured quantities in pricing documents against drawings and other tender documents
- Inputting data to pricing documents
- Measurement of Sub-Contract Elements
- Cost analysis of Sub-Contractor/Supplier costing
- Producing & Forwarding Post Tender Data
- Managing and forecasting the Cash flow of both projects and the business
- Working closely with the PQS to deliver value for money and control budgets
- Logging and Reporting of all variations
- Provide Data and analysis of issues & risks as required by Management.
- Improve and implement best practice commercial processes and accurate budgeting
- Ensure Construction Team is adhering to all Contractual Requirements and providing advice and monitoring of same
- Ensure reporting is in line with Group Policies & highlight exceptions to Management
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong prior experience in Quantity Surveying roles in a Construction/Engineering business
- Degree level education within Quantity Surveying, Civil or Environmental Engineering Commercial Management or similar field
- Ability to demonstrate building strong working relationships & stakeholder management
- Good level of legal awareness and competence in assessing Contract Documents and contract requirements
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good oral & written communication skills
- In return we offer a competitive package and the chance to work for an established business with the opportunity to work on varying and dynamic projects.
If you are interested in this role, please click apply or contact Sean Feighery on 01 707 1012 today
Established in 2005, Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are one of Ireland’s leading outsourced solutions provider and recruitment specialists. We provide managed solutions within the construction and industrial sectors as well as temporary and permanent recruitment solutions for a variety of industries, providing qualified staff for short-term & permanent placements. BSS have a proven expertise in Construction, Industrial, Financial Services, Accountancy & Finance, Administrative Support and Sales & Marketing working with some of the largest companies and organisations in Ireland and the UK.