Our client is a family owned and established building and civils contractor which carries out a wide range of work covering water and waste water treatment, earthworks, substructures, roads and drainage, bridges, surface and underground car parks, external works and infrastructure for clients in both commercial and public sectors throughout the UK & Ireland.
Due to our continued success they are currently wishing to employ an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work as part of a team to deliver projects across the Anglian Water Region.
Desirable Experience & Skills/Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will posses a minimum of 2-5 years' experience in the civil engineering sector with a civil engineering or quantity surveying 3rd level degree
- They must be commercially aware / contractually aware.
- Working knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract and Standard Methods of Measurement.
- Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint/Project)
- NEC3 Option A&C experience is desirable
- Worked on Civil Projects previously
- Ability to estimate and forecas
- Good knowledge of Early Warnings and CE procedures within the NEC3 as well as compiling CE quotations and agreeing them with the client
- Good knowledge of how programmes work and float within a programme Used Earned Value Before (CPI and SPI)
- Strong willed
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of internal cost reports on a monthly basis
- Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation in an efficient and timely manner and in accordance with the contract.
- Preparation of cost reports to the Client on a monthly basis.
- Preparation and management of subcontract and material Procurement Schedules.
- Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts.
- Preparation of Early Warning Notices and associated registers.
- Identification and substantiation of Compensation Events/variations.
- To ensure that site records for all labour, plant, materials, staff, etc are kept as support for cost substantiation in the event of change and or delays to the contract Works.
- Ensure that cost allocation/coding is followed.
- Re-measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required.
- Assist in the preparation of project final accounts
- Undertake any other work as required by your Senior Line Manager and Commercial Manager.
For more information and to arrange an interview , send your CV ASAP