Senior Quantity Surveyor
Entered: 19 Sept 2018
Our client has provided professional consultancy services, management support and strategic advice to the global construction industry.
The organisation is structured into a series of specialist service teams, each committed to helping our clients successfully achieve their objectives. They have deep domain knowledge and experience spanning a multitude of sectors including Commercial, Data Centres, Life Sciences, Healthcare, High-Tech Industrial, Hospitality, Education, Residential and Retail.
They now require a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their Co. Derry, Northern Ireland. based team on a permanent basis.
Our client is currently providing an array of cost management services on infrastructure projects in Northern Ireland. They are seeking to recruit an Onsite Quantity Surveyor to manage costs on a project that is currently under construction. The ideal candidate will have a good background in cost management and onsite cost controls, etc. and will be self-driven to deliver a high level of service to our client. The role will be site based with head office support and oversight.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Communicate effectively with other staff members, the general contractor and the client
• Act as a strong team player but demonstrate the ability to lead on tasks provided
• Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
• Support the onsite team with cost control, cost reporting and forecasting
• Prepare standard documentation – reports, valuations, letters, financial reports, cash flows
• Review contractor’s applications for payment
• Manage and close out change orders and contract issues
• Prepare and agree final accounts, including the handling of any variations/claims to ensure the client gets best value from works undertaken
• Produce cost analysis feedback/lessons learnt to the client for future works
• Attend meetings at company or client offices as required
• Other duties as may reasonably be required for an Onsite Quantity Surveyor
• Deliver all role outputs in an accurate, professional and timely manner
Desired Experience and Education:
• 10+ years’ experience in quantity surveying
• Major civils or building experience is desired
• An understanding of construction contracts
• The ideal candidate will be results driven, self-motivated and resourceful with excellent client relationship skills
• A quantity surveying qualification is essential
• RICS accredited
To register your interest in this position, please forward a copy of your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sarah on 00353 91564 008.