Senior Quantity Surveyor
Entered: 18 Sept 2018
Our client are a leading Irish global, multi-disciplined engineering and construction company who operates in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, they provides a range of construction services to infrastructure sectors including rail, water, power and natural resources.
They have skilled expertise in delivering pipelines, process engineering, design, marine, tunnelling, fabrication, bridges and piling. We also invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant, equipment and facilities.
They now have a requirement for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join one of their expanding Ireland based teams.
Main Purpose of Role:
Delivery of Commercial Management Services for individual projects.
Key Responsibilities and Duties Include:
• Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
• Encourage and develop a culture of commercial awareness within the team.
• Ensure the site team adheres to group procedures and governance
• Development, motivation & performance management of junior staff
• Delegation of appropriate work to junior staff, whilst maintaining accountability
Commercial Service Delivery:
• Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required.
• Preparation of Valuations/Application for payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract.
• Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation.
• Preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules.
• Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
• Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers.
• Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change.
• Challenge & manage in cost control / cost mitigation.
• Ensure the correct site records are maintained.
• Implement a WBS structure to satisfy the Client & Contract requirements.
• Have an up to date Cost to Complete and Risk analysis Register for the projects(s).
• Preparation, negotiation and agreement of change events, extension of time claims, final accounts etc.
• Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required.
• Ensure appropriate Client Management is initiated and maintained.
• Drafting of complex subcontract arrangement including professional services & appropriate terms of engagement.
• Identification and advice upon of insurance related issues, including PI.
• Maximising of cash position, including WIP control, cash flow production & improvement plans.
• Maintain / assist in the production of the margin improvement plan on the project.
• Assist in work winning duties as required, including technical writing for PQQ responses.
• Undertake any other work as required of you by your line manager
Qualifications / Training:
• Chartered Quantity Surveyor (MRICS) or equivalent.
• Full Driving License.
• CSCS Card (relevant type)
Skills / Experience:
• Commercially astute.
• Excellent knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract and Standard Methods of Measurement.
• 5 years post qualification award.
• Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
• Good communication skills including presentations and ability to negotiate and persuade others.
• Programming techniques, project controls, risk analysis, contract admin, procurement, cost, claims.
To register your interest in this position, please forward your CV in word document to email@example.com or call Sarah on 091 564008.