|Top Recruitment requires an Estimator to join the senior management team of a specialist contractor, working in their head office in North Co Dublin.
Initially a small Irish operation, our client now has over 40 years’ experience, becoming a leading award winning, construction provider of Fit Outs, Clean Rooms, Data Centre solutions and specialised refurbishments of manufacturing facilities. With offices in Ireland, the UK, and across Europe (Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark and Switzerland), they are now looking to expand their team.
Support the Estimating & Design Department in the preparation of Cleanroom Design & Build tenders to include architectural, mechanical and electrical for adjudication by management.
- Co-ordination of tender bid & pre-contract activities for the Business unit.
- Preparation of sound, competitive and regulatory compliant D & B tenders.
- Identify, carry out value engineering through product selection and supply chain relationships.
- Development and implementation of a multidiscipline approach to architectural, mechanical and electrical tendering process including acknowledging, checking, analysing of incoming tender documentation.
- Understand and scrutinise Project Specifications & Drawings.
- Carry out site visits and surveys
- Selection of appropriate subcontract and material suppliers.
- Generation of estimation documentation.
- Work closely with the Design team as the in developing the D&B solution.
- Liaising with subcontractors / vendors and dealing with queries, RFIs, etc.
- Liaise with Client/Design Team during tender process and arrange meetings as required. Identify scope for design alternatives and value engineering, discussing with appropriate bid team members
- Ensure implementation of company Technical Procedures with respect to Design Build activities.
- Appraise sub-contractor/supplier quotations.
- Develop relationships with customers, end user clients and supply chain partnerships.
- Highlight any areas of concern / risk in cost proposal.
- Attend post tender negotiations with Client.
- Knowledge generation in building services inc. statutory and regulatory developments.
- Focus on technical innovation and value creation in assigned projects.
- Prepare information packages for handover to construction team, if successful.
- Attend handover meeting and brief team on tender bid.
- Undertake project debrief, eliciting feedback from sites, to improve construction.
3rd level qualification in related discipline such as Building Services, Mechanical, Electrical or Quantity Surveying (Mechanical and Electrical Experience)