Senior Chartered Quantity Surveyor - Dublin / Cork
Location: South Dublin
Our client a well established Engineering Project Management and Commercial Services company is seeking to hire an experienced chartered Senior Quantity Surveyor to work with them on projects across the island of Ireland.
The right candidate will be based in either their clients Cork or Dublin office.
Experience working on water & utilities projects would be a great advantage.
- Prepare cost analysis based on the architectural drawings, engineering estimates, materials required and labour involved
- Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involves liaising with architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
- Liaise and report to the Senior Management
- Develop and maintain relationships with Client Representatives to support the activities and maintain positive relations on behalf of the company
- Representative of the company at all relevant site and other meetings
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Be a member of the chartered surveyors
- Minimum 10+ years of professional experience with proven track record
- Methodical way of thinking
- Good knowledge of construction
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good financial and numeracy management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- The ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
- Computer literate
- A clear understanding of HSE building regulations and legal guidelines
Please send your CV to Aoife at email@example.com or call us on 01-4659899