Entered: 19 Sept 2018
Brightpath Recruitment Engineering & Life Sciences is currently seeking a Process Engineer for our client, a medical devices company, in the North West of Ireland.
This is a permanent position offering a competitive benefits package and an opportunity to advance your career within the medical devices industry.
- Working with the Senior Engineer the Process Engineer with be responsible for the development and maintenance of process and tooling including providing specifications and procedures.
- Development and maintenance of process & tooling including providing specifications and procedures.
- Ensuring that the necessary testing, evaluation & control of equipment measures are in place to monitor & support product quality.
- Assisting in the introduction of New Products including:
- Developing new processes
- Carrying out process trials and testing
- Compiling engineering and production documentation including Product Drawings, Work Order Packs, BOM’s. PFMEA’s, RMS’s Reports, etc
- Organising Validations including IQ’s, OQ’s PQ’s etc. This could include writing Protocols and Reports.
- Design, manufacture/sourcing and development of fixtures, tooling and equipment as required.
- Specifying and sourcing of materials.
- Specifying extrusions
- Customer liaison
- Problem solving and trouble shooting on Non-conforming materials, customer complaints and incapable processes.
- Participation in Lean processes and other cost saving activities.
- Training of Technicians and Operators as required.
- Participation in the development of plant lay-outs, material travel & handling & over-all work plan in order to provide effective synchronous manufacturing.
- Participation in Corrective and Preventative Action programmes.
- Participation in the Internal Quality Audit Programme & Vendor Audit Programme.
- Maintenance and upgrades on facilities, AHU, Chillers, Boilers, Buildings, grounds, Clean rooms, etc.
- Assignments and Projects in other departments to broaden skill base and knowledge.
- Third level Qualification in Mechanical Engineering or Science
- Experience in polymer engineering processes
- Ideally some experience within the medical devices industry
- Good initiative and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solver
- Passion for Engineering