|SSA have been retained by a respected Main Contractor to recruit for the role of Senior Engineer for major projects in Dublin.
The company are undertaking a number of projects in Dublin Docklands / Dublin 2 & Dublin 4 and are seeking strong Senior Engineers with scope to progress into a PM role over the next 1-3 yrs.
About the opportunity:
You will be required to manage all site engineering works, and will be responsible for the progression and completion of works packages in conjunction with the site management team
- Join one of Ireland’s leading Main Contractors
- Excellent opportunity to grow with an established industry leader
- Competitive salary + package
- Ideal opportunity to quickly progress into a PM role
The ideal person will have experience in large scale structures and projects to include piling, steel/ concrete frames, precast elements and curtain walling. The role will involve the management & coordination all procured materials / elements. In addition you will also be responsible for the management of subcontractors whilst monitoring their performance on the job.
You will also be responsible for supervision, quality and measurement of all concrete pours. You shall have a solid background in site engineering, having the capability to manage setting out / site engineers under your control.
You shall have an engineering background and will possess at least 5 years main contracting experience or UK RC Frame Contractor experience at senior level on building projects.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research and advise on the best engineering solution to meet with a Client’s needs and budget;
- Managing the Setting out and checking works as required for the project;
- Managing the sub-contractors and personnel on site in order to drive project through to successful completion on time and within budget, finished to the highest standards. This includes keeping a daily site diary with required information recorded and where all manpower levels for each Sub-Contractor are recorded;
- Overseeing QA/QC on groundworks, piling, rc works, envelope, managing Site Engineers
- Facilitating the flow of information between the Design Team and the Construction Team;
- Attending weekly management team meetings
- Maintaining, tracking and scheduling the daily and weekly work programmes and reviewing weekly progress reports from the master construction programme
- Assisting with the control of plant and equipment on site
- Organise the delivery of materials, plant and equipment needed for the construction project and supervise labour
To register your interest, please forward your CV to Mike Lee at email@example.com. If you are seeking a similar position elsewhere in Ireland, or within a different sector, please get in touch today as many other exciting opportunities exist nationwide through SSA. All vacancies are listed on our homepage – https://www.ssaltd.com/ireland/
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Mgmt or related discipline
- 5-7 Years proven experience
- Previous Experience on large building projects
- Ability to effectively manage site programme and associated schedules to required deadlines
- Excellent Record Keeping skills coupled with the ability to effectively deal with design issues
- Experience in MS Project, Asta or P6 desirable
- Excellent People Management skills
For further information please feel free to contact me on +353 86 827 5043 or +353 1513 4797