|Brightpath Recruitment currently have a vacancy for a Commissioning Engineer to join a dynamic Automation Engineering services company based in Co Sligo. This company design and build world class automation products and cater to the Medical Device, Automotive and Electronic sectors and have many major multinational clients in an impressive portfolio. They are committed to providing high quality products and you will be working on demanding projects that are technically challenging in a work environment that nourishes innovation.
What’s on Offer?
This is a permanent position and based in Sligo with a company that is going through an expansion phase. This is an opportunity to work on exciting and challenging projects and create world class machines.
- Driving the commissioning effort relentlessly after a machine completes its build phase through to client FAT and SAT working in conjunction with the project manager to achieve the schedule and or pull back schedule slippage if apparent.
- Making improvements to and offering advice about machine set up and operational sequencing to the commissioning technicians.
- Making improvements to and offering direction to the controls engineers to improve machine function, efficiency and quality output rates.
- Ensures that new equipment works to specification and its full capability.
- Raise issues with problem hardware immediately and follows up with suppliers in terms of warranty cover or warranty replacement.
- Creates and carries out test procedures, both short term fix testing and whole machine change impact testing.
- Investigates problems and diagnoses / repair’s faults.
- Troubleshoots process function and general machine operating problems.
- Liaises with and drive’s design engineering to deliver fully engineered tooling solutions to issues in a timely manner.
- Write up of effective technical reports and documentation.
- Demonstrate machine function and project progress to clients throughout
- Ensures safe working conditions at all stage
Please note that we ensure that all applications are dealt with in the strictest confidence.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Relevant previous experience as a Commissioning Engineer
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both technical and non-technical.
- Leadership, time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks based on whole project / picture gains.
- Relevant technical expertise such as in test, process support, development or operations of high speed automated assembly equipment
- Good IT and analytical skills.
- Willing to take ownership,
- Self-starter with good attention to detail
- Proven track record in delivering solutions
- Current driving licence and able to travel as required