Vacancy Ref. 01284
Our client, a SME Building Contractor with an anticipated turnover in excess of €5m, requires a strong General Manager to lead the company towards its next level of growth. Experience in mid-scale property developments and Local Authority schemes is desirable. This executive level position, presents an exceptional opportunity to the successful candidate to progress their career. This role is ideally suited to a candidate who possesses the ability to manage both Commercial and Engineering aspects of small to medium Construction projects.
- Degree in a construction related discipline.
- 15+ years’ experience, minimum 5 years’ experience at management level.
- Demonstrated Commercial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to demonstrate building strong working relationships & stakeholder management.
- Excellent organisational skills to manage all stakeholders
- Good Level of legal awareness and competence in assessing Contract Documents
- Excellent negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good oral & written communication skills
Please contact Denis Casey for further details on 086 815 9622 or send your CV in confidence to email@example.com
- The General Manager must be able to function autonomously and jointly with the management team.
- Manage the review of Contracts to ensure compliance at all levels.
- Procurement – oversee all operational procurement activity and contract support, in conjunction with the Finance Department.
- Work in collaboration with sales to ensure targets are being met and opportunities are being fully exploited. Review tenders estimated by our external QS consultants before submission to client.
- In conjunction with financial accountant, manage and forecast the Cash flow of both projects and the business, claims management including monthly valuations, final accounts and costing variations.
- Reviewing and commercial management of all projects, to ensure accurate and reliable reporting
- Manage the identification, analysis and reporting within the Business & Projects
- Manage the provision of Data, analysis of issues & risks, proposal and implementation of mitigation strategies in collaboration with the management team
- Improve and implement best practice commercial processes and accurate budgeting
- Ensure compliance with Contract Programme /Schedule
- Manage all incoming correspondence from stakeholders including Design Team and /or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies
- Ensure Construction Teams is adhering to all Contractual Requirements and providing advice and monitoring of same
- Ensure reporting is in line with Company Policies & highlight exceptions to Management
- Team building which includes instructing, coaching, training and recruitment of direct project staff with respect to construction, contractual, and regulatory requirements with responsibility for assigned work
- Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Thorough knowledge of computer and database applications such as Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project etc.