Our client, a leading specialist M&E service provider is looking to recruit a QA/QC Engineer in a full time and permanent based in Dublin and client sites in the Dublin area. Reporting to the QA/QC Manager, the roles and requirements for the position are as outlined below:
- Commissioning Redline Alterations to working drawings.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with members of the design team, contractors and in-house project team on technical and commercial issues.
- Seek to clarify queries with the design team through the request for information (RFI) system
- Validation of electrical design.
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team.
- Carry out QA/QC document control, recording & transmitting information.
- Inspect and assess the work of sub-contractors.
- Carry out Quality Control through inspections and snagging.
- Preparation of test packs for recording the completion of systems.
- Commissioning Scheduling.
- Assist in preparing commissioning programs using MS project.
- Assist with commissioning of all systems installed.
- Ensure the adherence to safety and quality standards.
- Ensuring all latest building and electrical design standards and regulations are adhered to.
- Perform all daily inspection and test of the scope and character necessary to achieve the quality of construction required in the drawings and specifications for all works under the contract performed ON or OFF site.
- Carry out inspection and checking for all quality related procedures in the site and ensures activity at site are as per approved method statement and inspection test plan.
- Coordinate with the consultant’s representative and Site En-charge for inspection and meeting about quality problems including closure of Non-Compliance Report.
- Report to the QA/QC Manager, control and monitor all activities related to Quality Management System.
- Taking care of QA/QC documents of the entire project including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instruction/observations, permanent materials delivered and other QA/QC documents. Responsible for closure of Non-conformance, NCR and Site Instruction, SI.
- Responsible in the quality and workmanship of every activities, thorough knowledge of all phases of engineering construction relating to Civil, Architectural and Structural discipline interfacing the multidisciplinary operations.
- Develop method statement for the activity including risk assessment and job safety environmental analysis and Inspection Test Plan and Checklist based on specifications of the project.
- Carry out Internal Audit at site as scheduled in the Project Quality Plan, PQP.
- Liaise the Technical Engineer for submission of material submittals to Consultant.
- Qualified Electrical Engineer with at least 3 years’ experience
- Proven experience working with databases and systems, including inputting and extracting information
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, participants and external stakeholders
- Flexible and willing to work in a constantly changing environment of a growing company
- Excellent presentation skills and willing to take the lead in such presentations as required
- Willing to undertake further training should the company believe necessary for the role
If you are interested in this role, please click apply or contact Tim McCarthy @ BSS on 01 707 1012 today.
Established in 2005, Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are one of Ireland’s leading outsourced solutions provider and recruitment specialists. We provide managed solutions within the construction industry providing qualified staff for short-term & permanent placements.