Entered: 24 June 2019
Our client are currently looking for a Bid Manager to join them on a full-time, permanent basis in Dublin. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company within the Irish and Overseas market.
The company has successfully tendered and negotiated projects for a range of clients including large multi-national corporations, private companies, local authorities and state authorities.
Key Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Qualified to Degree level or equivalent in a related discipline i.e. Civil/ Structural Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or similar
- Conversant with Construction industry practices and procedures, including BCAR, Building Regulations, and statutory approvals processes.
- Good commercial acumen & analytical skills
- Proficient in the use of tendering software. Experience with Microsoft Project & Asta Power Project essential and with P6 an advantage
- Experience in managing a bid team
- Strong Programming, technical writing and MS Office Skills
Reporting to the New Business Director the key responsibilities of the role are:
- Reviewing tender documentation and understanding the rules of tendering
- Undertaking Bid/No Bid exercises against potential submissions
- Understanding the Request for Tender. Deciding timelines and delegating of bid responsibilities
- Collating information from multi-departmental resources for inclusion in pre-qualification and tender submissions
- Provide technical support as required for prequalification and tender submissions
- Submitting completed bids to existing or prospective clients, on time and within budget
- Timely management of tender activities
- Collaborating with the Business Development Department, Estimating Team and Operations Team
- Preparing tender program’s utilising Programming Software including identifying key deliverables and Milestone Dates.
- Preparing detailed project methodologies and technical proposals
- Preparing site logistic plans/preliminary contractor set-up proposals
- Preparing preliminary project risk registers and mitigation plans
- Adopting quality control procedures
- Consulting with design teams and/or sub-contractors as necessary, during the submission process
- Delivering Client & Partner Technical Presentations
- Attending tender interviews and site visits
- Obtaining feedback from prospective clients when tenders are unsuccessful
- Assisting with interviews and corresponding with prospective clients
- Reviewing, drafting and implementing improvements in the tendering process
- Providing insight and analysis of forthcoming opportunities, purchasers’ mindsets, best practice and dealing with clients
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0044208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE