Building Services Manager - Galway (1922)
Entered: 20 Oct 2018
Building Services Manager - Galway
Our client now seeking a Building Services Manager (Galway) to join their team on a permanent basis.
Main responsibilities as Building Services Manager:
- Direct the daily workflow, work requests and maintenance requests as received from our maintenance request systems. This includes all formal and informal SLAs that our unit/section enters into with our customers.
- Organise the routine service, maintenance, repairs, tests and calibrations on all items of mechanical and electrical plant (Preventive Maintenance systems).
- Perform the duties of a Project Manager (PM), where assigned, on relevant projects and ensure all work is carried out to the highest professional, technical and safety standards possible.
- Review and snag M&E building services in relevant Capital and Minor Works programs.
- Deputise for the Head of Building Services, Utilities & Energy as required,
- Attend all EHS training programs as may be required by current and future Statutory Law or by Company policy
- Maintain appropriate maintenance records and documentation for all Estates engineering facilities.
- Ensure business continuity in respect of essential mechanical and electrical services and controls.
- Assist in developing a sustainable and energy efficient campus.
- Proven Experience of Government procurement and OGP procurement is an advantage.
- Attend all EHS training programs as may be required by current and future Statutory Law or by Company policy.
As a Building Services Manager you will have
- Experience of managing and developing a team of staff including formal performance management systems
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills required in the delivery of change management through interactions with direct labour staff, staff representatives, and trades union officials.
- Experience in problem solving which will involve thinking outside the box.
- Proven experience in service delivery and a strong quality and customer service focus.
- An ability to manage a team in emergency situations.
- Proven ability to produce business cases, reports and recommendations in support of change and improvement.
- Well-developed IT skills including a strong working knowledge of MS Office, Autodesk products, Revit /BIM modelling.
Qualifications / Skills required for this position:
- Minimum of a Level 8, Honours Degree in Building Services Engineering, Energy Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years relevant experience in a large or complex organisation managing a team of people (min. 6 people) delivering similar services and projects.
- Clean driving licence
- Valid Safe Pass card
- Must be fully up to date with National EH&S regulations.
Please send your cv to Conor at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 456 9899 for a confidential conversation.