Building Services Manager
Entered: 16 Oct 2018
Our client is an International Construction Company who place a strong emphasis on performance, quality, teamwork and have a "hands-on” management approach to ensure client satisfaction. Being a Family ownership for five generations has set the cultural tone for John Sisk & Son. We have been Building Excellence for over 150 years by building trust, certainty and value for our clients.
Our client is looking to hire a Building Services Manager for London based projects, what you can expect from this role:
Reporting to the Regional Director, the BSM has responsibility for the delivery of Building Services Systems across large and or multiple smaller scale projects that are On Time, On Budget and meet the companies Zero objectives of Safety, Quality and Energy. Of equal importance is the necessity to Manage and guide his/her teams in the application of our MEP Management systems that will bring the added value objective to deliver consistent fully integrated and commissioned MEP systems that will meet the Specified Design and statutory requirements, leading to seamless handover with the building systems performing to the Client’s satisfaction.
• Promote the application of the Building Services Department Management Systems and Procedures providing technical support , guidance and direction in overall Delivery of Projects
• Support the Building Services “Value Proposition” and its alignment with the Business Units and Companies Vision, Values and Ambition Objectives.
• Support delivery of the Building Services Strategy Plan and objectives
• Support all aspects of the Tender and Bid for the MEP Technical and Commercial Strategy that is carried out in accordance with the Companies Pre Construction Manual Procedures
• Support the tender and award of MEP packages in accordance with the required contract PRE-CONSTRUCTION and procurement strategy, and objectives.
• Ensure Temporary Electrical requirements for their projects including load and energy assessments are in line with the Management System Guidelines.
• Take responsibility for MEP Project delivery as part of the overall project team.
• Support the overall MEP Commercial Management of the project
• Support the planning for key Building Services resources to manage delivery of projects
• Ensure Managing of MEP elements on their contracts is in accordance with the full suite of Building Services Management Guidance documentation and specific Project Execution Plans (PEP)
• Ensure the finalisation of Building Services Installation and Commissioning programmes are aligned and integrated with the main Construction Programme.
• Ensure early involvement and liaison with the Utility companies to ensure their infrastructural and interface requirements are communicated and adhered to.
• Ensure the process of tracking of equipment & plant from submittal approvals / samples and mock ups / ordering / FAT’s / delivery and quality checks is carefully managed.
• Ensure focus and recognition of key risks presenting to the project delivery by way of programme, contractual or commercial matters arising with mitigation plans in place.
• Ensure Management of the formal QMS snagging / quality walk downs and associated progressive inspection and sign off of the MEP Installation’s
• Ensure management of the MEP Start Up and Control of Live Energies in accordance with the Company Guidelines
• Ensure development and implementation of site specific ITP& Commissioning / Handover Plans” are carried out with the MEP Contractors.
• Ensure that the Water Management Plan is in place across all projects
• Promote Sisk Brand and offering by maintaining and building relations with key Project stakeholders including Clients, Architects, MEP Consultants and Supply Chain
Experience & Skills
• Over 8 years work experience in managing large scale and complex MEP related Projects.
• Good understanding and dynamics of the MEP supply chain market in which the company operates,
• Professional Competence through operational involvement in all phases of large scale complex projects from Estimating, Pre- Construction, and installation, Commissioning, Demonstration and Handover.
• Can demonstrate technical, effective interpersonal and commercial skills necessary to deliver large / multiple MEP Projects
• Understanding of H&S policies and live energy practices and have positive safety values and behaviours.
• Can demonstrate the drive for importance of implementation of QMS Systems, IT&P & Commissio