M & E Engineers
Entered: 18 Apr 2019
SENIOR & INTERMEDIATE
MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL (BUILDING SERVICES) ENGINEERS
Empire Recruitment are currently recruiting a Senior and Intermediate Mechanical and Electrical Engineers who will work alongside the Managing Director in helping to develop and expand our clients company based in their head office in Dublin 15.
Due to an expanding project list for 2018-2019, our client now have immediate start opportunities for suitably qualified and experienced Mechanical and Electrical Engineers. Candidates must have at least 7 years’ experience working in the building services consultancy environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
The suitable applicants will be responsible for the design of mechanical/electrical services on healthcare, educational, pharmaceutical, commercial and residential projects.
Duties will include:
- Overall project management
- Detailed design of mechanical/electrical building services
- Preparation of technical specifications and tender documentation
- Invitation, analysis and reporting on tenders
- Participating at design team meetings
- Carrying out site inspections and reporting on the progress and quality of the works associated with the Mechanical & Electrical services
- Liaising with clients, design teams and contractors during the course of projects
- Project cost control
- Inspecting and snagging installations
- Certification of contractor’s payment claims
- Surveying existing installations and preparing technical reports for litigation
- Witnessing tests
- Mentoring and managing junior engineers and drafting staff.
Qualifications & Experience
- Level 8 Degree in Mechanical/Building Services/Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years consultancy experience
- Experience in contributing to multiple projects and balancing workload
- Ability to manage and lead projects from inception to completion
- Be career minded and looking for a new challenge. Have the potential and ambition to progress within the firm
- Strong communication skills
- Have a good knowledge of the legislative and technical issues relating to the sustainable development of the built environment
- Good knowledge and competent user of Excel and Word
- Competent in AutoCAD
- BIM and Revit experience would be a considerable advantage.