CAD Technician - Kent
Entered: 15 Nov 2018
With experience across various sectors, Our client is a leading force in the specialist steel building industry and has the expertise and production capability to deliver high quality, cost effective, buildings that meet the current and future needs of their users.
They operates across multiple sectors, delivering a comprehensive range of innovative construction solutions, operating in the MOD, Commercial, Retail, Hotel, Student Accommodation and Education sectors.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
As a member of the Technical Department, the role is involved with the design and detailing of a range of precast concrete products, generally associated with civil engineering projects. The team includes Engineers and Technicians, and activities are based around specific projects or standard product ranges.
The Technical Department engages with all divisions of the company, providing technical and structural input in support of existing products and new product development.
The Structural CAD Technician should:
- Be qualified to HND/HNC Level.
- Be competent in the use of appropriate CAD software:
- Have experience working within a design role in a construction or support business.
- Preferably AutoDESK REVIT, AutoDESK AutoCAD, and/or other 3D Modelling software such as Tekla, Vertex, or MWF.
- Be capable of managing workload to meet assigned deadlines, and to report back to the Project Design Manager in relation to design programme progress.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
The CAD Technician will:
- Be responsible for generating preliminary structural and fabrication design and model information on allocated schemes.
- Assist the Project Design Manager/Engineer in demonstrating structural compliance of the design solution.
- Attend internal workshops as required to facilitate the development of the structural design, and incorporate design information from third parties and subcontractors to ensure design elements are fully coordinated with the design.
- Liaise with production and site management teams and operatives, to ensure design information is produced correctly in line with the overall design programme, and communicated efficiently.
- Produce and release packages of fabrication design information for release internally and externally as required.
- Carry out design activity in line with the requirements of the ISO 9001 Quality Management System and maintain appropriate paperwork records.
- Provide such programme updates and reports to the Project Design Manager as are deemed required through the project life to allow coordination.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
The CAD Technician should:
- Be capable of managing and prioritising workload to meet deadlines in a flexible and professional manner.
- Have a background in design, and be able to apply industry best practice to the development of fabrication and structural solutions.
- Be aware of standard industry drawing practices, and be able to develop and present design information in a legible and comprehensive manner.