Senior Civil Engineer - North Co Dublin
Entered: 05 Dec 2023
Location: Swords, County Dublin, Ireland
Salary: €65,000 - €80,000
Experience: 5+ years
Alpine Recruitment is seeking a Senior Engineer – Civils for an established T1 Contractor in Swords, Dublin, Ireland. Our client has been to the fore in the construction of various flagship projects throughout Ireland and abroad including sports stadiums, healthcare facilities, airports, motorways, and hi-tec/pharma/datacentres.
An international Tier One Building and Civil Engineering Contractor with a wide-ranging portfolio in Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East. Their focus includes Retail, Pharmaceutical, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure, Hi-Tec/Life Science, Residential, Healthcare, Education, and Hospitality with projects ranging in value up to €400 million. They offer competitive salaries and genuine career advancement prospects.
Manage and oversee project from inception to completion. Lead, guide and supervise multidisciplinary teams. Oversee and manage project budgets. Ensure efficient resource allocation and maintain strong client relationships.
- Project Management: Manage and oversee project from inception to completion. Develop project plans, budgets, and schedules. Coordinate with project stakeholders, including clients, architects, contractors, and regulatory authorities.
- Design and Analysis: Lead the design and analysis of civil engineering structures and systems. Ensure that designs comply with relevant codes, standards, and regulations. Utilise software tools and engineering principles for design and analysis.
- Construction Supervision: Provide on-site supervision and technical guidance during the construction phase of project. Ensure that construction activities adhere to design specifications and quality standards. Address and resolve any issues or challenges that arise during construction.
- Quality Assurance and Compliance: Monitor and enforce quality control and safety measures on construction site. Ensure that project complies with environmental regulations and sustainability standards. Review and approve engineering documents, drawings, and reports.
- Team Leadership: Mentor and guide junior engineers and technical staff. Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including architects, surveyors, and other engineering disciplines. Foster a positive and productive work environment.
- Client Interaction: Build and maintain strong relationships with clients. Communicate project progress, milestones, and potential issues to clients. Address client concerns and provide technical expertise.
- Budget and Cost Control: Manage project budgets and control costs. Identify cost-saving opportunities and efficiencies in project execution.
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Identify potential risks and challenges associated with projects. Develop strategies and plans to mitigate risks and ensure project success.
- Documentation and Reporting: Prepare and maintain accurate project documentation, including engineering reports, drawings, and records. Generate regular progress reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure that all engineering activities adhere to local, national, and international regulations and standards.
- Health and Safety: Promote and enforce health and safety protocols on construction sites to protect workers and the public.
- Degree or higher in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in civil engineering and project management.
- Proficiency in civil engineering design and analysis software coupled with strong IT skills.
- Knowledge of local and national building codes, standards, and regulations.
- Experience in project management, including budgeting and team coordination.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to manage client relationships effectively.
- Competitive Salary €65,000 - €80,000 (DOE).
- Company Vehicle/Car Allowance.
- Generous contributory pension.
- Health & Life Insurance.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Professional membership and subscription fees covered.
- Five-plus weeks annual leave not including bank/public holidays.
- Established in 2004, Alpine Recruitment Group is a dedicated recruitment solutions business with offices in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- We offer our services in permanent, temporary, contract and executive recruitment.
- We are the partner of choice for leading main contractors, developers, and consultants in Ireland & overseas.
- Our team of consultants with industry backgrounds treat career-seeking candidates with the same high service as our clients.
- We aim to develop authentic business partnerships that extend past the initial recruitment process.