Senior Civil Engineer x2 - Killaloe
Entered: 05 Dec 2023
An international Tier One Building and Civil Engineering Contractor with a wide-ranging portfolio in Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East. Their focus includes Retail, Pharmaceutical, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure, Hi-Tec/Life Science, Residential, Healthcare, Education, Hospitality etc. They offer competitive salaries and genuine career advancement prospects.
Plan, design, and oversee civil infrastructure project. Ensure compliance with regulations and quality standards. Budget management, construction supervision, and collaborate with various internal and external project stakeholders. Conduct site inspections, risk assessments, and mentorship of junior engineers. Ensure accurate documentation and contractor management.
- Project Planning, Engineering Design & Construction Oversight: Develop project plans, including budgets, timelines, and resource allocation. Create detailed engineering designs and drawings using industry-standard software. Supervise construction activities, ensuring adherence to specifications, quality standards, and safety regulations.
- Site Inspections, Budget Management & Contractor Compliance: Conduct regular site inspections to monitor progress and ensure compliance with design and safety standards. Manage project budgets, track expenses, and report on cost control measures. Oversee and assess contractor compliance with contractual requirements.
- Team Collaboration, Technical Mentorship, Measurement and Payment: Coordinate with architects, surveyors, contractors, and other professionals to streamline project activities. Take precise measurements for accurate contractor payments. Provide guidance and mentorship to junior engineers and technical staff.
- Regulatory Compliance, Quality Assurance & Risk Assessment: Ensure project complies with regulations, securing necessary permits and approvals. Implement quality control measures to maintain high construction and engineering standards. Identify and assess project risks and challenges, developing mitigation plans.
- Documentation & Document Preparation: Maintain accurate project records, including reports, drawings, and documentation. Assist in preparing reports and status updates for clients.
- Review Contractor Submissions, Qualification Confirmation & Construction Management: Collaborate with the Contract Administrator to review contractor submissions for compliance. Verify qualifications and certifications of contractor employees and resources. Assist in construction management activities and field inspections.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years relevant professional experience in civil engineering.
- Experience working with Irish/UK Building/Civil Engineering Contractors.
- Strong IT skills with proficiency in industry-specific software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and structural analysis tools.
- Competitive Salary up to €80K
- Company Vehicle/Car Allowance.
- Generous contributory pension.
- Health & Life Insurance.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Professional membership and subscription fees covered.
- Five-plus weeks annual leave not including bank/public holidays.
- Established in 2004, Alpine Recruitment Group is a dedicated recruitment solutions business with offices in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- We offer our services in permanent, temporary, contract and executive recruitment.
- We are the partner of choice for leading main contractors, developers, and consultants in Ireland & overseas.
- Our team of consultants with industry backgrounds treat career-seeking candidates with the same high service as our clients.
- We aim to develop authentic business partnerships that extend past the initial recruitment process.