Civil Site Engineer - Kildare (2257)
Entered: 23 Oct 2018
Our client is a large multi-disciplined construction group with significant operations across Ireland and the United Kingdom. They provide turnkey solutions to the Building and Civil Engineering industries and offer both public and private sector clients a comprehensive range of construction services.
They are currently seeking an experienced Site Engineer to join their team in Co. Kildare.
- In conjunction with the Site Agent will ensure that the drawings & documents in use are the latest and are issued for construction. Obsolete documents shall be removed from active files.
- Responsible for accurate setting-out of works by using the current drawings and information.
- Responsible for the survey instruments allocated to the section, for their calibration and any checks as necessary. Records will be kept for verification.
- Carry out the check on setting-out stations at a defined frequency to ensure their values are within tolerances as specified in the Contract.
- Familiarise themselves with and practice the Quality Procedures, Inspection and Test requirements, arrange for witnessing and/or verification as required of a particular activity by liaising with the Customer or his representative under the direction of the Sub-Agent/Agent.
- Be aware of contract requirements, time schedule, specific materials requirements and resources. They will raise Non-Conformances when any completed or partially completed work does not comply with the contract requirements. The Site Engineer will follow the NCR until resolved satisfactorily. They will maintain a register of Non-Conformances.
- Provide input for the Site Diary, such as the activities of the day, materials received, inspections performed, weather conditions, visitors, instructions received, etc.
- Ensure any verbal instructions received from the Customer or their representative, are passed on to the management for written confirmation, irrespective of their cost/delay exposure to the contract. The Site Engineer will prepare records for additional works/variations etc., and submit to the Quantity Surveyor/Sub-Agent or Agent.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree Qualified in Civil Engineering (NFQ Level 8)
- 3 - 6 years’ experience in a civil engineering role
- Proficient in the use of setting out equipment – GPS, robotic total station, levelling equipment
- Ability to maintain high levels of health, safety & quality on site
- Ability to manage sub-contractors
- Strong communication skills
Please send your cv to Aoife at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01-456 9899 for a confidential conversation.