Project Manager - Marine
Entered: 06 Apr 2020
Our client are a family owned company that displays the energy and commitment you would expect from a business that has a rapidly growing portfolio of clients.
They act as both principal contractor and specialist marine subcontractor on substantial projects in the UK, Ireland and internationally. Their team is highly knowledgeable, hugely experienced and totally committed - enabling them to deliver all projects to world-class standards.
They are now looking for Project Manager / Site Agent for a project in Portsmouth. The ideal candidate must be an experienced, motivated and versatile individual who can adopt a flexible approach to the role. Excellent terms and conditions are on offer.
This role would suit someone with experience of managing projects within the marine/heavy civil sector, with good knowledge of the NEC Contract. You should also have excellent communication, people and team management skills, with the ability to influence, motivate and mentor.
- Dedicated single point of contact for the project with direct reporting to Senior Management.
- Management of the site relationship between the employer and the client.
- Monitoring and maintenance of contract performance.
- Management and maintenance of supply chain.
- Responsible for the implementation of the project management plan – fully incorporating the requirements of the project quality, environmental and health & safety plan.
- Provision of delegated authority to permit major decisions on site.
- Support the estimating team in the tender process.
- Management of construction methodology, programming and labour.
- Marine civil engineering or heavy civils experience.
- Must be able to work in a team and equally as an individual using his/her own initiative.
- Computer literate. (Microsoft Project / Word / Excel etc.)
Competitive Salary & Benefits. Relocation package available for those not local to the area.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE