Entered: 23 Oct 2018
A Top Ten leading contractor specialising in Healthcare, Education, Retail and Leisure have an exciting opportunity to join their very successful construction team in Manchester as a Senior Engineer to work on projects from £10m up to £90m.
As a Senior Engineer:
- Maintain standards of safety and comply with company's health, safety and environment management system requirements
- Setting out of building works on various sites within the company's operating area
- Operate and promote a high standard of health and safety and environment compliance
- Plan and schedule the work and efficiently organise the site in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines
- Assist with the digital computation of construction quantities for tendering and measurement purposes
- Attend regular meetings with the section engineer/sub agent/agent to update on progress of works
- Supervise and monitor the site labour force through general foreman and or supervisors, monitoring the work of any subcontractors to complete the work as per customer's satisfaction
- Oversee quality control and safety matters on the site, and ensure that regulations are adhered to
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise at any time
- Oversee the selection and requisition of materials for use in the construction / maintenance, to check whether the materials are as specified
- Supervise and ensure proper maintenance of materials and to advise on technology and modifications required for a simpler and cost saving mechanism
- Prepare necessary paperwork for the completion of work and get it authorised by the client after their inspection
- Take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others in the workplace
- Follow and maintain Company standards of quality in accordance with company quality system requirements General management and co-ordination of digital engineering information
- Land survey and mapping tasks including production of drawings
- Ensure quality control requirements are met and recorded in accordance with specification
The client are willing to offer a variation on the package - they are willing to supply Subsidised Accommodation for workers not from the local area, assisting with all aspects of relocation.
The package would be different in terms of salary for someone already living in Manchester and not requiring this assistance.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE