Site Engineer (Civil)
Entered: 08 Aug 2020
Site Engineer (Civil) | Leinster (Meath & Kildare) | €Neg + Package (or €/hour)
Our client is a national body responsible for ‘Public Works’ nationwide and have a variety of long-term roles including the above.
Flood Alleviation Schemes:
Initially be based on a major Flood Alleviation Scheme in Co Meath then on a large scheme in Co Kildare. The projects involve the construction of a flood defence scheme for large towns and villages. The main elements include the following:
- Construction of reinforced concrete walls / masonry clad reinforced concrete walls;
- Installation of large diameter precast concrete pipes; precast concrete U-channels.
- Installation of precast concrete culverts; of road crossings;
- Associated building and civil engineering works.
At least 2 years’ experience with a main contractor or consultancy pratice on the construction of civil engineering projects. Experience on river or coastal works would be an advantage.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Management of the day-to-day activities of a direct labour workforce of up to 20 personnel;
- Setting out including levelling / Total-station / GPS work;
- Daily record keeping including Daily Allocation Sheets and Plant Sheets;
- Management of sub-contractors;
- Providing assistance with the procurement of goods and services;
- Liaison with the local authority and stakeholders;
Email: Barry Kelly… email@example.com