Entered: 05 Dec 2023
Our client is a large Nordic main contractor heavily involved in the construction of Data Centers. As the main contractor on these projects, they build them as a complete package from enabling/civil works through structural build, M&E installation, and commissioning to final client handover. You will be working with work directly with a Norwegian design and build contractor on Data Centres in different regions of Norway, Their Head Office is based in Oslo.
They require a CSA (Civil, Structural, Architectural) Construction / Site Manager to add to their project team on a new build Data Center in Norway.
No previous experience on Data Centers is required for the right candidate with the right attitude.
Construction/Site Manager – Civil Structural and Architectural – Norway
Benefits: The company will provide a package for staff, including competitive salary, flights home, and accommodation. They will tailor it to suit the candidate depending on their circumstances, to make it work for both parties.
• Management of site Quality Assurance in conjunction with the team and QA Manager.
• Management of Project Schedule in conjunction with the Project Team.
• Preparation of project schedule - two weeks look ahead for upcoming works.
• Attendance at weekly site meetings, project reviews and planning meetings.
• Ensure the labour requirements are met and maintained as per project program requirements.
• Ensuring the quality of the works is maintained at a high level.
• Management of Sub Contractors activities and progress against the schedule & manpower trackers.
• Ensure that all variations and delays are notified to Project team.
• Ensuring all plant materials onsite are as per agreed specifications and in accordance with the company procedure.
• Ensuring all delivered materials are coordinated and stored in a safe and secure manner.
• Assistance with the close out of all project items including O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Materials- all with the support of the site project manager.
Ensuring that all matters of compliance and governance are identified and adhered to, including:
• Health & Safety issues on site and ensuring that all Sub Contractors are working in a safe manner.
• Review ways of working and where possible implement changes to improve safety.
• Ensuring housekeeping is kept to a high standard by all Sub Contactors.
• Develop and implement company procedures with the package managers.
Skills & Qualifications
• Fit-out projects experience is essential.
• Relevant qualification in construction or related disciplines.
• 10 years of previous experience in a similar role, within a mechanical and electrical contracting environment.
• Experience working on High-Tec, Industrial, Pharma, Data centre projects is advantageous.
• Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills.
• Proficiency in the use of MS Word & Excel is required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward your CV through this website or contact Kevin on 00353872790484 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Your recruiter has 20 years’ experience in construction recruitment.
Established in 2004, KCM is owned and managed by construction professionals who recruit solely in the construction sector both in Ireland and internationally. We offer 100% confidentiality to candidates and specialise in finding roles within the construction industry for candidates who are returning from oversees or professionals who are looking at new opportunities in the domestic market.