Senior Construction Manager
Entered: 09 Aug 2022
We are seeking a highly motivated, organised and excellent communicator to join our Construction team. The Construction Project Manager will gain responsibility for the management of the construction process from inception to completion. We are looking for someone who can communicate effectively and collaborate in a positive and professional manner with all relevant stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Providing leadership to all stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Managing feasibilities and preparing budgets for project approval.
- Appointment, management and coordination of all contractors, consultants and suppliers involved in the construction process.
- Management and coordination of Planning Permission, Fire Cert applications and Disability Access Certificate applications
- Understanding the contract and procurement strategy to enable effective management and coordination of the design and tender process for construction projects.
- Manage the negotiation and award of contracts for construction projects
- Understands the project direction and drives the key milestones as contract administrator.
- Institute a culture of safety, quality, speed, and cost effectiveness across construction projects.
- Proactively seek opportunities to realise best value through rigorously challenging the status quo.
- Completion of additional tasks will also be required from time to time.
- Qualified to honours degree level in either Building Services, Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Architecture or Construction related degree.
- Minimum 5 years construction experience
- Good interpersonal skills with proven ability of collaboration within a multi-discipline team.
- Strong work ethic, high level of integrity, self-motivated with a creative approach to thinking and problem-solving.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a confident presentation style.
- Detail-orientated with strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Operate Independently whilst providing clear direction to stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of general construction processes, contracts and other legal documents involved in construction / property development.
- Proficient IT skills, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to work well and collaborate within a team.
- Full Driving licence.
Through our salary system, we ensure pay equality across all positions at Lidl
- €65,000 rising to €85,000 over 5 years
- Company Car
- 25 days holidays per annum
- Private employee medical insurance
- Company pension after six month’s service
- Flexible start and finish times
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Dynamic work environment
- New office facility with free parking
- On-site gym and canteen
- Up to 2 days remote working per week