Entered: 27 Feb 2020
The Site/Operations Manager will take responsibility for commercial and technical management of the site. They will liaise on a day-to-day basis with management and the team, ensuring all undertakings on site are carried out in a safe and compliant manner, in keeping with all relevant statutory and legal requirements.
General day to day of the role:
• Ensure compliance with safety regulations & ensuring that the site and machinery is maintained in excellent condition
• Familiarisation with relevant statutory acts pertaining to equipment function and status
• Managing the site to maintain safety, environmental, quality and hygiene standards & carrying out site inspections and audits to an agreed schedule
• Ensure that all appointed sub-contractors are fully briefed on all the company systems & procedures & fully adhere to same in their day to day activities
• Ensure all H&S, Quality and Environmental systems are managed and adhered to
• Supporting and communicating with the team to achieve plant schedules and provide engineering solutions to recurring reactive maintenance issues
• Ensure that all staff are trained to the required standards and staffing is at the agreed levels at all times
• Assisting with setting and achieving agreed budget targets.
• Excellent planning and scheduling of works ensuring the team meet project milestones and construction programmes to support delivery of all projects
• Implementing Daily and Weekly programmes together delivering weekly and monthly reports to management on a timely basis as per requirements
• Cost control and commercial contract management
• Oversee building security and respond to all centre emergencies, ensuring staff safety
• Degree / Higher Diploma qualification in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or equivalent.
• 5 years’ + post-graduate experience in the Waste Industry preferable
• Excellent people management and coordination skills
• An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets
• Maintenance and troubleshooting experience