Assistant Contract Manager - Insurance Repairs
Entered: 22 Oct 2018
Our client are a London-based principal contractor specialising in providing building and drying works to our client which provides a complete service including building reinstatement works to anyone who has made or is about to make an insurance claim following damage to their property or a third party’s property.
What They Offer To Homeowners
A complete service to clients following an incident which would result in a property insurance claim.
- We will survey the incident promptly, prepare a full report for insurers containing photos, measurements and costs
- to deal with the damage including drying out if applicable.
- We will meet with loss adjusters and negotiate with the adjuster / insurer for authorisation to carry out repairs
- We will undertake, project-manage and finance all repairs for the client to pre-loss condition sending our invoice
- to insurers after the client is completely satisfied
- We act for the homeowner to ensure that repairs are specified correctly and completely but at the same time
- manage the claim efficiently reducing the claim life cycle and the cost and risk of future problems cropping up
- We charge the homeowner nothing for this service and pay for our time by achieving a margin on the building works we carry out
The Benefit To Homeowners
- Time saved dealing with the claim and lengthy negotiation with insurers / loss adjusters
- Homeowners saved the hassle of getting several quotes from builders and the risk of prescribing to builder exactly what to include in the quote
- Pre-claims advice to the homeowner and expertise in packaging the claim in a way that has the best chance of success with insurers
- Repairs done and project-managed expertly, started within 72 hours from authorisation
- Full time permanent role
- Prepare cost schedules for building repairs on bespoke software
- Assign jobs to the company’s panel subcontractors explain the works sequence to the subcontractors
- Brief the client so he knows what is going to be done in his home and in what order
- Ensure smooth communication between the subcontractor and the client so works proceed smoothly and are completed in as short a time as possible.
- Deal with client’s questions on the works, to deal with client complaints / concerns and any problems which need to be resolved in connection with the repairs
- Source and arrange samples of materials for upcoming contracts
- Site visits to clients’ properties to perform spot checks on subcontractors and carry out audits for works in progress and get materials approved
- Source new subcontractors in line with the company’s capacity requirements
- Office training on the company’s bespoke web-based system for the preparation of cost schedules
- Office training on the company’s works contracts and the company’s rules for subcontractors
- On the job training with Contracts Manager on how to manage repair contracts, liase with clients and subcontractors and how to handle client/contractor concerns on the works to be done
- On the job training with Contracts Manager on performing quality, works in progress audits and value of works
Skills of Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of repair building costs in depth
- Ability to plan a repair job, predict issues, , prepare a method statement and risk assessment
- Ability to communicate with and organise building contractors to do a job to the right quality and on time
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to effectively solve problems for clients and contractors
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE