Specification & Technical Details Support - Construction products
Entered: 13 May 2021
This is an excellent opportunity for someone, with construction industry experience to provide market leading, professional and comprehensive Technical Details Support to all enquiries across all sales areas of the business.
The successful candidate will respond to all enquiries & specification requests effectively, efficiently and in a professional manner, ensuring compliance with all relevant Technical/Product recommendations/standards and all relevant Sika procedures.
This role will report at Target Market Manager level.
- Respond to all enquiries (Tel/Email) effectively, efficiently and in a professional manner - ensure compliance with all relevant recommendations, standards & procedures.
- Processing of projects from Sales, checking Technical proposals, uploading project details, creating written project specifications, carrying out wind uplift calculations.
- Process Application for Guarantees, carry out Technical checks where applicable and update the Guarantee Database.
- Support function to the Applications Department for the checking and coordinating of completed site installation reports. Provide flexible support function to the Applications/Sales Teams where detail revisions are required mid project.
- Liaise with 3rd party product suppliers - produce thermal calculations, designs for tapered insulation schemes, Rooflight specifications, other partners as required.
- Deliver all projects on time in full according to project schedule.
- Continuously strive to provide excellent levels of Technical Service and to ensure continuous development/improvement.
- Contribute as required to the Claims Process, LET & PCP Process.
- Minimum Diploma/Degree in Construction or Engineering Studies or similar
- 2-3 year’s previous experience working in a construction related technical role or similar, providing professional support to customers, is preferred
- Proficiency of computerised systems, MS Office, Lotus Notes, SAP, Autocad, BIM-Revit
- Reliable, with a strong work ethic and an ability to work as part of a team
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Proven problem solving ability
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and clearly both internally and externally
- Possess strong general numeracy skills
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to provide a professional market leading service
Sika the world’s largest producer of specialist building chemicals has a very strong track record in Ireland, dating back to the 1920’s. Sika Ireland supplies a complete range of innovative products for problem-solving in all aspects of building construction and refurbishment. Our industrial division supplies a range of high-performance industrial adhesives used by the Automotive, Marine and Truck Body Building Industries. Sika, and its Irish subsidiary, are committed to achieving excellence in product quality, innovation and customer service and providing everyone involved with the training and resource required to achieve these goals. Sika is currently seeking to expand their team and are hiring into the Technical Sales Support area.