Entered: 04 Dec 2022
We are currently recruiting for a Contracts Manager required in the West of Ireland to support a number of civil engineering projects. The successful candidate must have at least 10 years’ experience, and they will be responsible for managing €multi-million projects which include extensive new build and refurbishment works in the public and private sector.
- Project Delivery – Manage multiple civil engineers projects across the West of Ireland.
- Ensuring that HSQE Management Systems and processes are adhered to, implemented and maintained while promoting a positive Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental culture within the business.
- Plan, manage and deliver all contracts in a performance and fashion that epitomizes the company’s vision, strategy and values.
- Define clear roles & responsibilities and deliverables to team members.
- Manage, direct, educate and mentor technical site staff.
- Management of Client project requirements.
- Maintain regular contact with current and past clients.
- Develop and maintain client relationships to promote new business.
- Encourage early project planning.
- Integrate and communicate with all other departments to ensure effective and efficient delivery of all aspect of a project.
- Ensure commercial and contractual compliance with company policies and procedures on all projects.
- Manage, co-ordinate and contribute to design of permanent and temporary works in an innovative, efficient and effective manner.
- Review construction budgets, forecasts to completion and resource requirements.
- Monitor construction productivity / programmes and investigate reasons for poor/good performance.
- Provide recommendations and measures for improvement to operating procedures/work methods.
- Carry out tendering activities as required and collaborate with the tendering & pre-qualifications department.
- Identify business opportunities and communicate internally to ensure a proactive approach to new opportunities.
- Degree in Engineering / Construction Management
- Experience of water/wastewater treatment projects would be advantageous
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- Proven experience in a Contracts Management role
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Commercially focused
- Full clean Irish, UK or EU driving license.
- No sponsorship available